Global Packaging Optimization, LLC (GPO) has amassed an extensive background and expertise level in the packaging required for CPG and Medical Device packaging, with many of these materials, forms and processes extending into pharmaceutical packaging. Our services can provide strategic analyses or new package form and material applications, selection and specification of raw and converted materials, design and conversion of primary component and distribution packaging, printing and decoration options, sealing options, package testing and qualification, packaging line specification/qualification/implementation and outsourcing options. We fully support the use of Sustainable materials whenever applicable to a program. We also operate with a focus on cost optimization and have led many significant cost reduction initiatives. Global Packaging Optimization, LLC can manage your development program, or guide you through it using our processes to assure success. We will work closely with your Quality group to assure a smooth hand-off of the data collected during the development to provide the basis for assuring incoming quality standards are achieved by the supplier. The areas where Global Packaging Optimizations can assist you include:
Plastic Component Development Programs:
- Injection Molded– Our process efficiently utilizes conceptual/industrial/mechanical design practices, prototyping, consumer testing, Computer Aided Engineering (MoldFlow and Finite Element Analysis), measurement techniques, mold-building, mold qualification, molding process qualification and component qualification/testing to assure successful and timely implementation. We also offer a comprehensive injection molded component training program, designed for both engineers with limited experience and those with experience to help them successfully complete programs on-time, and within budget.
- Extrusion and Injection Blowmolded– Our process efficiently utilizes conceptual/industrial/mechanical design practices, prototyping, consumer testing, Computer Aided Engineering (Finite Element Analysis), measurement techniques, mold-building, mold qualification, molding process qualification and component qualification/testing to assure successful and timely implementation. We can provide support for developing the decoration of the bottle which can include in-mold labeling or numerous secondary operations.
- Thermoformed– Our process efficiently utilizes conceptual/industrial/mechanical design practices, prototyping, consumer testing, Computer Aided Engineering (Finite Element Analysis), measurement techniques, mold-building, mold qualification, molding process qualification and component qualification/testing to assure successful and timely implementation. We can provide support in specifying decoration methods and defining the sealing processes and material coatings required for integrating with other packaging components.
- Closures/Pumps/Sprayers – We have an extensive background in both conventional and child-resistant closures/liner systems, pumps and sprayers; both stock and custom designed to provide a system that will protect and properly dispense your products. If a custom design is required, processes for the appropriate molded component development will be used to assure success.
Specialty Packaging Areas:
- Desiccant Packaging – We have the experience to support programs that require desiccant materials, particularly for highly sensitive unit dose applications
- Metal (steel and aluminum) – We have the experience to support pressurized packaging programs, using propellants, pressurized containers or through the valve bladder systems, as well as the efficient specification of dispensing valves to assure proper product delivery. We also can support spray-through over-cap systems.
- Adhesives – We have the experience to support programs utilizing liquid, hot melt, pressure sensitive, and coated adhesives, and heat sealing materials for joining or sealing components.
Flexible Material Development Programs:
- Plastic Films– We can support a wide range of developments within this area, including independent structures (labels, lidding, venting (Tyvek) as well as integrated structures (bags, sealed blisters). Our experience includes the range from one-up production to fully automated form/fill/seal systems, and includes multiple printing and decoration techniques for the components.
- Shrink/Stretch Films – We have experience with these materials to support your distribution packaging requirements.
- We have extensive experience to support corrugated, paperboard and label programs, ranging from primary packaging applications for these materials, distribution package development and qualification and POP display development. This experience includes use of the materials for components by themselves, or used in conjunction with other components. We can support a multitude of decorating and treatment processes to assure achieving the aesthetic and performance attributes you desire.
Global packaging Optimization, LLC has all the requisite experience to work with you to specify and qualify all of the manufacturing processes for the components and finished packaging for the above areas of expertise. This experience ranges from small machines to fully automated systems. All development work leading up to qualifications will be done to assure you have a predictable and manageable process at the lowest possible cost.